Tuesday, February 26, 2013

Learning and Thankful

I learned some things this week/weekend.
1. Boise, Idaho is a long way from Nashville.
2. There are some really crazy Boise State Broncos fans.
3. The blue football field at BSU is unique and birds mistake it for water and many end their lives crashing into "water" that is really turf.
4. Training for 6 hours makes for a long, rewarding day. I spent a day with 12 youth leaders from AZ, NM, UT, ID, ND, SD, and AK. (I hope I didn't miss a state.) TeamWest
5. People think I have an accent. I do. Everyone has some kind of accent.
6. My wife is an amazing woman. (Not something I just learned but was reminded.)
7. God is incredibly good. He does an awesome job of making a big deal of Himself.
8. The Delta Airlines free upgrade from Seattle to Atlanta was a nice gift.
9. I don't really need much snow in the winter. Got a little snow in Boise but it was nothing like my hometown of Independence that got 10+ inches this week (with more forecast this next week).
10. You DON'T pronounce a Z in Boise (say the se as c). If you say it with a Z it screams, (you ain't from around here are you boy).
11. Flying over downtown Seattle and seeing the Needle makes me feel like an excited little boy.
12. Expressing gratitude to those who serve me is not hard to do and needs to become more common in my behavior.
13. I am overwhelmed that God allows me to represent Him. Make me a worthy ambassador of you Father.
14. Our kids, Shelbi, Mark and Morgan are a true delight to me. Heck, for that matter, Alysha who has been living with us since July is a great blessing in our lives.
15. I am thankful for those who read this blog. You have impacted my life and influenced me in ways that God uses to make me more like His Son.

I am a blessed and thankful dude.

No comments: