Okay, so it has been awhile since I last posted but here is a catch up. Sondra's dad is doing okay. Having some reaction to the oral chemo but looks okay for now. The weekend was busy with writing and running (10 miles at a quick pace). Our varsity girls lost a close one to CPA. Shelbi still was not able to play. The Super Bowl was very exciting, especially the 4th quarter. My dad and brother arrived yesterday and it is great to have them here. Our varsity girls won last night and Shelbi was able to play about 8 minutes. She played well. Today has been all day meetings. Ugh! Tonight we play Portland and need to win. Bad storms headed our way late tonight. That is the down and dirty.
Every time an older person dies, a library burns. - African Proverb I remember hearing this proverb in early 1993. I had just started working at LifeWay Christian Resources in November of 1992. I was on a trip with a co-worker and he mentioned this proverb and it has stuck with me since. R. Clyde Hall, Jr. Earlier in 1992, I was still working as a student minister in Nashville, I had led some conferences for the Baptist Sunday School Board, and I got to know some of the leadership in the youth area of that organization. One of those leaders I had met in my seminary days as he had come to visit some of the classes I was taking. The first time I met Clyde was in a seminary class and he asked me to stay after class and talk with him a minute. I had no idea why he singled me out but I am glad he did. He really just wanted to get to know me because one of my profs had told him that I was someone he should get to know. (Yep, I was shocked too.) Fast forward to Summer 1992 and I ge...
These past few weeks have been different in many ways. Recently I blogged about Take Me to the Edge and how our church is going through a campaign to challenge us to Take Us to the Edge. I shared an illustration about bungee jumping (stepping) and trust, faith and obedience. On Thursday, Feb. 2, I walked into a meeting knowing that it was a big step in some things that God has been stirring in Sondra and me. Since last summer, we have known that God was doing some things to prepare us for something different than what I was currently doing in ministry. I have talked to a couple of churches over that time and have known that while they were good ministry positions, they were not positions that I was to step into. I also knew that the current position that I was in at LifeWay was probably one that I would not remain in for an extended period of time. I had hoped to be able to make many more phone calls; have more personal conversations; share a coffee or a workout and be able to te...
Comments