Tuesday, November 22, 2011

Why Do We Underestimate What Kids Can Do?

Recently I have been reading Robert Epstein's Teen 2.0 and wish I could have stayed for his symposium after the YS ATL mtg this past weekend. His whole premise is that we need to help kids reach core competencies and stop prolonging adolescence. He says much in the book that I agree with and some that I do not but overall I think he is on to something.  Here is a video of a 13-year-old who I think help proves Epstein's point. You will enjoy this kid.


1 comment:

Mrs. Lewis said...

This is great! Steve Jobs Jr. aka Thomas Suarez is pretty remarkable when compared to the average 13 year old; however, I think he is quite the exception rather than the rule. I'm not so sure core competencies are going to achieve this level of intellectual acumen in the majority of adolescents.