Friday, January 1, 2010

Happy New Year

I just realized that I have been remiss in blogging this past week and can only chock that up to being lazy. No excuses on my part. I have been on vacation and guess that has translated into vacating from blogging.

The past week has been very good and Christmas was great for us. We hosted a couple of families who families live out of state for a Christmas Eve meal. Both of the wives were pregnant and could not travel. One of the ladies, Trisha has had her baby since that time and Olivia is doing well and you can catch up with them here. The other lady is due mid-January. We had a great time with them and their little guys who are 2 and 1.5 yrs.

Christmas morning was just the Turners and we enjoyed ourselves very much. The girls pretty much knew what they were getting for Christmas because they had picked out "all" of their presents. At least they thought they had picked all of them out. I pulled a little surprise with a North Face backpack each that they had been wanting for quite awhile. They were totally surprised. Sondra had bought all of her own presents from me too so I surprised her with a workout shirt. I was the only one who really had very little idea what I was getting. The best present I got is right here though. They shot many pics and put them in a collage frame for my office. A great present and wonderful surprise.

Morgan and the DCA Lady Wildcats played a couple of games this week and won both of them. One win was over Goodpasture (Morgan reminded me that she has not lost to them in her high school career) and another win over Montgomery Central. District play starts this next week.

Sondra is doing well and has some new workout shoes so watch out for this gal in 2010. What an incredible lady and the light of my life. She is simply the best.

Shelbi is home all month since Union University does a J-term and she is not taking a course. She has a boyfriend who seems to be a pretty good guy even though he is a Yankees fan. I have to tell you I can overlook many things, but the Yankees thing may be a deal breaker for me. ;-)

We are headed over to some friends this afternoon to eat and watch some football. Should be good times. The Tennessee and MIZZOU loses yesterday were ugly. The only good thing happening for me in football this year is winning the LifeWay SMP Fantasy Football league.

On a running note, Boston Marathon training started for me on Monday and my total mileage for the 2009 year was 1812 miles. Down a little from the past couple of years but I think I am learning to run a little smarter.

Happy New Year everyone!

No comments: