Thursday, January 7, 2010

1st Week of 2010

Hard to believe that the first week of the new year has come and almost gone. I rung in the new year in bed early on new year's eve. I was fighting a cold and after a nice dinner at Rose Pepper's with Sondra, Shelbi and Morgan, we came home and just hung out.

The weekend was pretty quiet but pretty cold for sure. I ended up doing my Sat. run on the treadmill at the Y.

Monday I headed to New Orleans Seminary for Youth Ministry Institute and did a presentation on using social media in ministry. Focused mostly on 2 Tim. 4:1-5 and the importance of staying true to the call and using social media as a tool and not the message. It is easy to get caught up in all the technology and waste time and not fulfill the ministry God has called us to do. I am always challenged and encouraged by my friend Dr. Allen Jackson who has done a great job in training youth ministers at NOBTS for 15 years. I got up on Tuesday and did my run workout which included 9 miles and 5x800s mixed in. It was much warmer down there than Nashville but it was still pretty cold.

We have been having highs in the 20s and lows in the teens here in middle TN and today we got a little snow that just made the roads a little slick and now we are experiencing black ice. Should be fun driving in to work tomorrow. Today's run was outside and 8 miles with one another guy that I seldom get to run with. He is not a believer so it was a good time for us just to talk and for me to be able to share Christ with him. Pray for Steve.

Lots going on at work but it is all good. I am preparing to help teach an Intro to Youth Ministry class at Golden Gate Seminary in San Francisco next Tues - Thurs. Get to spend time with good friend Paul Kelly at GGBTS. Paul and I used to work closely at LifeWay a few years ago. He is just very good for me to be around.

Sondra and the girls are doing well. Morgan turns 18 on Monday of next week and we are having a birthday party for her and who knows how many of her friends tomorrow night here at the house after their DCA high school basketball game. Speaking of basketball, Morgan had a great game Tuesday night against Riverside in Fayetteville, TN. She ended up with quite a few rebounds and 8 points. It was fun to watch her having such a good time.

No comments: