Thursday, January 21, 2010

I Love Hope

What a great sight to see young Kiki, a Haitian boy who had been buried under rubble for 7 days due to the devastating earthquake that happened last week. Arms outstretched and eyes wide open. Rejoicing that he had been found. Now it seems that other children have been rescued as well in the last few hours.

Still there are many who have died, are dying and will die but all is not lost. Many are praying, giving, donating, going and responding in other ways to help the victims of this terrible tragedy.

In the midst of all of this, there is hope. A promise of something better. I have often heard that faith is the belief and action of going through today because there is hope of something better.

My faith wavers at times, but my hope in the Lord is sure. Through calamity, sickness, death, trials and challenges, my faith gets goofy at times. My trust wanes, but my assurance of a future hope of God's goodness and grace not only sustains my weak faith, it provides a solid hope for tomorrow and beyond. It is more than a wish of mine, it is an assurance because God is who He says He is and will do what He says He will do. I am sure of it. Help me to walk faithfully today because of the hope that is mine in Him.

No comments: