Sunday, January 17, 2010

A California Week

Seems like this past week has gone by quickly in some ways and painfully slow in others. The earthquake in Haiti was and is capturing the media, and rightly so. There are so many dead, displaced and many others will die if things do not change soon. We have friends who are adopting a daughter, Tia from Haiti and please pray that they will be able to get her out. Mike is still there with Tia and they are working frantically to get back to the USA.

I traveled to San Francisco on Tuesday and was in the air when the news from Haiti started coming out. Twitter was my first inclination that anything had even happened. I began praying immediately and then started trying to get the word out about Mike and Tia. Katie, a girl who lives with Mike and Melissa Wilson was in Carrefour, Haiti at the orphanage when the earthquake hit. Katie is now back home in the US and that is great. Here is a link to the video of Mike and Tia in Haiti.

On Wednesday I was at Golden Gate Seminary teaching an Intro to Youth Ministry class with my friend, Dr. Paul Kelly. It was good to be in the classroom and the students were great. I helped teach Weds and Thurs and then made my way back home on Friday arriving in time for DCA basketball games. The Lady Wildcats won by about 25 and the guys lost by a handful in a closely contested game. Fun to be playing Ezell-Harding again.

Nice to be back home in time to do my 18-miler on Saturday on the greenway. Very hilly course and picked it on purpose to try to get my legs and lungs ready for this race coming up in April. I was pretty spent at the end of that run for sure. Had some good Big Bad Wolf brisket for lunch and then played Mexican Train with the Fullers. My first time to play Mexican Train. Sort of an interesting game for sure. I pretty much stunk at it.

I have included a pic from my phone of the view from the seminary. If you look hard you can see Alcatraz and the city in the clouds. Pretty nice view when you are working in San Francisco.

No comments: