Saturday, September 6, 2008

Whew!

It is Saturday and I am home from a quick trip to Orlando and Rock the Universe at Universal Studios.

Thursday ended up being a really good day taking Shelbi to Union and getting her moved in and set up and ready to go. We were blown away when we pulled up at the dorm and faculty and staff members began grabbing stuff and moving her in. I did not carry one box to her room! They set a great tone for her college experience by being there in the rain moving in student after student. I was greatly impressed. We did all the set up stuff you need to do like hanging curtains, making beds, hanging stuff on the walls, hooking up computers and tvs. I made a couple of runs to find some shelving but we settled for something from Wally world that works just fine.

Union does a worship service as the day closes and then you say goodbye and drive home and the students stay busy with all kinds of activities. As the worship concluded I sat there reflecting on the last 18 years and all that we had done to help prepare Shelbi for this step. I have to tell you that I feel pretty good about her being prepared and ready. The goodbye was good and there were tears shed. Long hugs, kisses and a few tears. The drive home was really pretty good. We did not have to pull over to cry but we did slow down driving through some pretty strong rain. After a while we even turned on the Vandy game and listened to them beat South Carolina. I love it when Spurrier loses.

I am ready for bed and church tomorrow. We are a part of a new college-age class start beginning tomorrow. I am excited and am glad that I am the assistant. Looking forward to see what God does.

No comments: