Wednesday, September 3, 2008

College Eve

We sit at home tonight enjoying one another's company. We take Shelbi to Union University tomorrow to embark upon her college career. And, I guess for the rest of us to embark upon life without Shelbi at home anymore. Will probably be a big adjustment for all of us I am sure.

We grilled chicken, hash brown potatoes, zucchini, and will eat some Miss Daisy pie later and just enjoy being around each other. We have to pack some stuff up tonight and then just laugh and maybe cry a little bit too.

I do have to say that it is hard to believe that 18 years has gone by so quickly. I was thinking about teaching Shelbi to walk, ride her trike and then her bike, teaching her to catch and throw and swim and . . . on and on. I am incredibly blessed. Sondra is such the great mother and I am not too bad as a dad. It is comforting to know that what we intentionally set out to do long before we even knew God would bless us with kids, has come about fairly well. Shelbi is ready to go. We have invested wisely in her and have had so many people partner with us to rear both she and Morgan. We are blessed.

Pray that we will have safe travel to and from Jackson, TN tomorrow. Pray that the move in will be as painless as possible and that Sondra and I will be smart enough to pull over if we are crying too hard as we attempt to make it back to Nashville.

Good times. Bittersweet, but right.

1 comment:

Trisha said...

I pray that Shelbi and Morgan know how blessed they are to have parents like you and Sondra. I pray that Owen loves the Lord and is a great friend and son...just like your girls.
I've been praying for all of you today, especially Sondra. It's true...it's bittersweet, but right.