Monday, September 1, 2008

September - Here Already?

Is it just me or is this year flying by? I headed out this morning for a 12-miler since my running schedule is going to be off this week due to travel. I usually do not do long runs on Mondays. I did an easy 5-miler yesterday before church and then we headed to church and then to MTSU to watch the women's soccer team from Belmont play MTSU. Our friend Jamie plays for Belmont and we wanted to see her play. Belmont won 1-0 on a really hot afternoon. I think it got to 96 yesterday and we sat out there and cooked.

After running this morning it was waffles made by my wife and we had a friend of ours over, Julie, who is one of my former students from many years back. Great young lady who is currently living in DC but moving to LA next month. It was really good to catch up with her.

I have been intriqued and encouraged that Gustav has simmered down and is not causing as much damage as he could be. Still not good and praying that the levees hold in NOLA as well. I have many friends who evacuated and we have been praying for them.

Later today we head out to eat and celebrate my birthday which is actually this Thursday but will Shelbi moving in at Union on Thursday we decided to celebrate today. Should be good times. This is going to be a busy week with an all-day meeting away from work on Weds., college move in on Thursday, and I head to Orlando for work on Fri./Sat.

Wishing everyone a Happy Labor Day today.

No comments: