Thursday, September 18, 2008

This has been a different week for sure. I have had numerous meetings that would not have happened had I been in Malaysia as was previously planned. I am glad that I have been in Nashville to be around my wife alot more than I would have. She is such an amazing woman and I know that she is grieving her dad's passing. She is truly amazing though and is jumping right back in to teaching. I am thankful she has that going on right now to keep her mind occupied.

Shelbi called yesterday and we had a great conversation about some decisions that she is needing to make regarding college, etc. It is cool that she calls and asks for advice and I think I was able to help her think through a few issues that had not really made it to her frontal lobe yet. What a great young lady she is.

Morgan is really recovering from her walking pneumonia phase and is back in soccer but probably only about at 85-90% strength. She missed some school last week of course due to the funeral, but she is doing well.

I have been running alot this week, planning for our national conference that begins on Monday and am really excited about it. What a great team of folks to work with here. Check out the conference here if you are interested in what we have going on. I thnk it is a strong lineup and am praying that folks will be encouraged and strengthened.

There is a lot of travel coming up in the next few weeks too so I am glad I am home for the next couple to get some things done and to be around to provide support for my wife. Pray for her as you think about it.

Looking forward to some soccer this weekend and my brother and his wife come back through Nashville tomorrow on their way back to MO. They have been hanging out in Gatlinburg this week on vacation.

What about those stinking gas prices? We are reducing the amount of driving that we are doing and quite honestly I am a little tired of having to bail out companies that have operated on bad business principles. I think it is time for all of us to live within our means. How about that for a last minute blog rant?

1 comment:

3 Little Monkeys said...

I happen to like your last minute blog rant! 8 )
You need a good one every now and then.