Wednesday, January 3, 2007

Start Living

Maybe it is a mid-life crisis that I have entered, or maybe something I ate on Sunday, but I have really been challenged to really start living. Not that my life has been a blah! or ho-hum, but I really want to risk more and really live more. I am happy with my wife and children, my job, my talents and abilities, but I feel as though I have been holding back for some reason. I wonder if I am a little afraid of really succeeding or stepping out on something that does not make sense and it actually working.

This past weekend I preached out of Colossians 3:1-4 and two points stood out. There are many points in those four verses but I chose to concentrate on two.
  1. Set your mind on things above - quit living in the past and focused on what is just around, but focus on what really matters to God.

  2. Start Living - we can do that when we set our minds on the things that God determines are important. I am not talking mind over matter, but just honest obedience to whatever it is that God is asking me to do.

So, if I have a theme for the year, it is this: Start Living

I want to embrace all of that there is as God shows me. I want Him to do the unexplainable in me. I don't want any credit for it. I just want Him to do with me what He desires.

No comments: