Thursday, January 4, 2007

Shot in the Backside

Some things can jump up on you while you are not looking and that is what happened to me this past Sat. I was in the middle or latter stages of a 10-miler when I coughed and felt something weird and somewhat painful in my chest. Oh no! not the cold that our youngest has been trying to share with the family for the past three weeks.

You guessed it. I got it and with an international trip coming up I decided not to play around with it but to get to the dr. and get something done about it. So . . . yesterday afternoon, I headed to the dr. and got checked out. Sure enough, sinus infection, some bronchial crud, and general funk. He gave me some high powered anti-biotics, nose spray, and a shot right in the right hip.

Less than 24 hours later, I am feeling much better with the exception of a sore, right hip. I am hoping and praying to continue to get better so the flight next week will go much smoother in my head.
Ran a 9-miler this morning and felt pretty good. It is good to know that the body is pretty resilient.

No comments: