Wednesday, October 3, 2012

Catching You Up . . . You're Getting Sleepy

I have been remiss in blogging the last couple of weeks and some of you have been unable to sleep without the aid of reading my blog late at night. It usually helps people right off to sleep.

Last week was a bit of whirlwind with a trip to Atlanta for a Transform event where I had the privilege of learning alongside of some great youth workers. We covered many of the "basics" in student ministry that I have the arrogance to overlook too many times. It was good to be reminded of the simple things in ministry that tend to make the most impact. On the backside of that trip, I went through Rome, GA to see Shelbi and Mark; catch one of Morgan's roommates who plays soccer for Union play against Shorter College and then get home late Sat. night. Sunday was quick with church, meetings and packing for the D6 Conference in Dallas Mon-Weds.

It was good to be able to spend some time with a couple of ministry friends, Shelby Baucum whom I have mentioned earlier, and Gene Wilkes who I have also mentioned earlier. Two men who have made great contribution in my life. The D6 Conference was great to be a part of too. I had the privilege of leading a couple of breakouts and then was glad to get home on Weds night. This past weekend was at home but I led conferences for the Teach the Bible for Life conference here in Nashville. Another great time spent with youth leaders focusing on doing the small things well in serving others. I came away tired and encouraged.

I head to California and Texas soon and get to teach again at Golden Gate Seminary with my buddy Paul Kelly. Always encouraging to be with him and to learn from him.

A couple of things we would appreciate your prayers for this week especially is Sondra's mom, Joyce Holmes. She is having some health issues that we are trying to get a handle on and have better understanding moving forward. Sondra is making her way there this weekend to spend some time with her mom. Issue #2 is Morgan who has been diagnosed with mono. Last week we were somewhat concerned that it could be something more severe (not that mono is a piece of cake) and we are grateful that it is just mono.

I will be posting some stuff very soon about some exciting changes that are going on with us. It is not meant as a teaser but be praying for us as God shows us how best to get at some new things for us.

No comments: