Sunday, October 28, 2012

Quick Catch Up . . . Nothing Earth Shattering

The last week and a half has been pretty much a whirlwind! I was in California and Texas speaking and teaching and loved every minute of it except for the one day I drove from LA to San Diego and the 5 was an angry highway. I love how people on the west coast talk about their highways. The 5, the 405, the . . . it is like their highways are real live people or something. Anyway, even though the highway was angry, the view was pretty sweet.

Monday this past week, my boss and I flew to Tampa and back for a meeting. Great meeting; nice to be out just during the day and sleep in my own bed that night. Thank you Southwest Airlines!

Work has been incredibly busy and later this week I can tell you about some changes that are already happening for me job wise. I am really excited for an opportunity to reinvent and stretch. It is both scary and overwhelming! but exhilarating.

Today is my wonderful wife's birthday. I will not tell you how old she is but I will tell you that we are both holding on to our 40s, but just barely! We went to the Nashville Symphony on Thurs night and saw Michael W. Smith play with the symphony. It was pretty great to say the least.

Shelbi and Mark are doing pretty good. Shelbi started her nursing job last week and is finding out what it is like to work 12 hour shifts. She is on a general surgery and orthopedic surgery floor. She is doing great I am sure. Mark has been feeling yucky with some allergy stuff and has undergone a bunch of testing. We think he is going to live.

Morgan is in the throes of a busy semester and has been dealing with mono. She seems to be past the sick part of it and now just dealing with all the tiredness. She came home on Friday to surprise her mom for a belated birthday present and then had to head back to Union on Saturday. Great to have her home even if for a short time.

I promise to blog a little more in the future.

No comments: