Friday, October 12, 2012

Tough Decisions Ahead . . . Politically



I rarely post anything related to politics and know that many might take issue with me on my thoughts, but here goes . .

I did not vote for our current President in '08 because I did not agree with his stance on many issues related to the protection of the unborn; his views on same sex marriage, etc. When he was elected I committed to praying for him like I have every President that I can remember in my lifetime (basically Richard Nixon to now). I am aware that I have limitations on knowing all the facts as it relates to candidates, their past voting records, etc. I publicly announced that I would pray for President Obama and I have done so.

As the election draws near, I find myself more and more conflicted with our two choices of major party candidates. I disagree with many of the decisions that our current administration has made. I do have to say though, this administration pretty much has done what it said it would do before it was put into power.

Mr. Romney seems to be saying many of the same things that I agree with in principle, but a sticking point that I have with him is his view of Jesus. As a young boy, I gave my life to Christ and have grown to have a much deeper understanding of that relationship as I have matured over the last forty plus years. One of the main tenants of my faith and relationship is that Jesus is “the only way to heaven.” Jesus is not only “a” way, but “the” way. Mr. Romney would disagree with that and say that Jesus is not even “a” way. On that particular issue, I would have more in common with our current President who does not deny that Jesus is “a” way to heaven.

I understand that I have a right to vote and I am thankful for the sacrifice of many in days gone by and those currently who are continuing to fight for our freedom as citizens of the United States. I am a proud American. I, however, am struggling with having to vote for one or the other of two candidates that I biblically disagree with in their fundamental faith beliefs and actions. I will be voting for a President. I am pretty sure it will not be for either of the two front runners. I am praying for wisdom.


No comments: