Tuesday, October 4, 2011

Choosing to Be . . .

Point Loma taken w/ iPhone
This past weekend I was in San Diego teaching, attending, & exhibiting at YS-National Youth Worker's Conference. I always enjoy being around youth leaders and especially those who are not in my normal circle of friends in ministry. I love being around those in our denominational tribe, but I am so encouraged to be around those leaders from other denominations. They love God and students and their families. So very encouraging.

I have found myself the last few days not really being on my game relationally. I have been quick to be short with others. Little things have set me off. I am by nature an introvert and most of my last week has been spent with many people. Don't get me wrong, I like being around people but I need a little time each day to just be by myself. All that to say. I have been choosing to be . . . nicer. I needed to choose that intentionally this past week. It has been more work than I want it to be but it is necessary, because no one deserves to be treated unfairly or for me to ever be mean to others.

I have many choices to make each day. You do too. I am choosing to be more like Christ because I do not come by that naturally. Actually my choice is to choose to surrender. I do not do that well either.

Pray for Morgan if you will. She broke her finger playing intramural football at college the other day. As she would do it, it is not a normal break and will require surgery and a couple of screws. She is scheduled for surgery on Weds am at 730. Thanks for praying.

1 comment:

Adam McLane said...

That picture is of one of my fav spots in San Diego. Glad you found it. And if you're with the one you love... a pretty solid make out spot.