Monday, April 11, 2011

Take a Left, then a Right

So this odyssey began the best I can remember, Sunday night, December 19th, 2010. I found myself on the beautiful Country Club Plaza with my wife, daughters Shelbi and Morgan, and our cousin, Jenny. You can see the four of them on that night in the picture. We were walking along, taking in the sights and smells of Christmas and enjoying ourselves. As we traversed the beautiful sidewalk terrain, I stepped onto a grate and felt both of my feet begin to slide out from under me. Being the cool 47-year-old that I am, I quickly caught myself without getting close to hitting the ground, but spoke these words, "Wow Sondra, I think that is going to hurt later." And . . . I was correct. I have never been a prophet or the son of a prophet, but I spoke futuristic truth that night. A little over a month later, I knew that my knees were not quite right, and then it became very evident that the left for sure had seen better days. A MRI later confirmed a tear in the cartilage and the right one hurt, but was not near as bad.

Rehabbing the left knee has gone wonderfully and in the meantime, I have rehabbed the right knee, hoping to avoid further surgery, but have resigned myself to knowing that fixing the right one is going to need some assistance from Dr. Pagnani. All that to say, that a MRI has confirmed a tear in the cartilage of the right knee much like the one I had in the left knee. Looks like Pagnani is going to get that new sports car this year after all as a reward for repairing both of my knees. I would ask you to pray for Dr. Pagnani. I like him alot. I think he is a great dr. and he has been asking some spiritual questions. Those kind of questions are asked when the Holy Spirit is at work.

I have surgery scheduled for Monday, 4/18 at 830a. And then rehab begins again. I am ready. Ready to not hurt, and ready to see what God has in store. I was thinking I was only going to have to take a left, but now it is obvious this journey includes at least a right too.

1 comment:

Allen Jackson said...

I didn't know. Be sure that I will be on my knees on behalf of your knees. Or something like that.

Rehab your spirit as well as you are forced to rest a bit...