Wednesday, February 9, 2011

Landing on Your Feet

I have recently been thinking about what it takes to land on your feet in circumstances that just seem to jump up and knock you crazy. We all know people who are facing some extremely difficult life situations - I have some good friends who are struggling with a cancer diagnosis; families struggling with relationships; unemployment; jobs that are challenging to say the least; and the list goes on and on.

To be perfectly honest, I think there are many things that hit us where we cannot land on our feet in the short-term and I am beginning to think that is ok. It is okay to grieve; it is okay to question; it is okay to feel pain and struggle; but it is also okay to be assured that "he who began a good work in you, will see it to completion." Quit trying to rush through a process that may take some time. By the same token, be careful not to lay down and wallow in a situation forever.

I saw this video and thought it pretty amazing. This guy landing on his feet is not the norm but is worth watching. He must be part cat is all I can say.

1 comment:

Radlife said...

wow, I just happpened on your blog. I am in a similar situation.
Radlife