Thursday, February 17, 2011

Am I Making A Difference? Are You?

If you can't feed a hundred people, then feed just one.  Mother Teresa 

I do not think I used this quote from Mother Teresa just because I returned from India this past month, but it probably did influence me using it. Many of the pictures of people that are in my mind, at times excite me and others break my heart. It is so exciting to see so many in India that I had met four years prior, who have grown leaps and bounds. So many new believers who are fully engaged in ministry and in leadership. Existing believers who have grown and matured in their faith and are leading others to do the same. It was so exciting! In other areas of our work there, poverty still exists at alarming rates. So many pictures of Slumdog Millionaire type people who are great people who need a great Savior and very basically, food. While some of the work in India seems overwhelming, it is so encouraging to see God doing a great work through His people. I am honored and burdened to be a part of the work there. Honored that God allows me to be a part of what He is doing there and burdened that I am not doing more. Please know that I am going to be sharing some practical ways you can help some kids eat and get in school. 


Walk out your front door. Look around your neighborhood. Are you making a difference for Christ in your neighbors' lives? I am asking God to give me His eyes to see my neighbors as He sees them. You and I live where we live on purpose. Make a difference there and begin doing it now.

On another note, MRI showed cartilage tear in the left knee with some other wear and tear in that area so surgery is scheduled for Monday, March 7th at 730a. Ready to get that taken care of and very confident in my doctor, Michael Pagnani. You can find more information about him here

No comments: