Saturday, February 5, 2011

I Kneed Some Relief

Okay, so this was not a banner week for me knee wise but it sure has been a good week ministry wise. I was in the office Monday-Wednesday and then Weds evening through Sat mid-day was in Chattanooga for Southeast Conclave. It is a very well done event for youth leaders across the Southeast US and is a good time to connect with youth leaders.

I led a breakout on Discipling Your Own and the thrust of the conference was to encourage youth leaders to minister and take care of their own families. I tried to make it really practical and share some highs and lows of some things we have done as a family. They tried to record the breakout but it messed up and unfortunately did not record. I spent about 45 min after the conference talking with parents and encouraging them. What a privilege and honor to share with them and hear their stories. So many are doing a great job and just need assurance to keep it up.

I am home for about a week and a half coming up and I am scheduling an appointment to have this left knee checked out and see what we need to do to get back going again. Unfortunately the right knee is showing similar, though not near as bad, symptoms as the left knee. Not what I was really looking for in having additional knee pain.Ready to get this stuff taken care of and get back out on the road. I have been riding a stationary bike everyday for at least 45 min but sure do miss being out running. It would hurt way too much to get out and run. I will not do it.

The girls have been back at Union for almost a week and the house has grown quiet again. Love those two and miss them but so thankful they are right where they need to be for college. Sondra is amazing as usual and really enjoying her job as secretary to one of the principals at McGavock High School.

Super Bowl tomorrow. I am predicting that the Steelers win by 3. Honestly though I am good either way this one goes. Would love for it to be a good game.

No comments: