Monday, August 31, 2009

Simply Follow

It will always be true that the wisest course for the disciple is always to abide solely by the Word of God in all simplicity. D. Boenhoffer

I just rediscovered this quote this week and am reminded that too many times I try to make it to hard. I am pretty troubled over some things happening at church and am really trying to pray, seek God, and not respond like I want to. I know that I could be wrong on a couple things related to this so I am really trying to seek out wisdom and understanding before doing anything.

I want to be honoring in all that I think, say and do and right now that is just praying and asking God to guide my thoughts. I need wisdom and to be filled with grace.

Morgan seems to be getting some better and made another visit to our chiropractor, and in my opinion the best witch doctor, uh, I mean chiropractor in the world. Don is truly one of those guys who loves the Lord and is very good at chiropractic care. Morgan said that today she felt some things move back into place that hurt like crazy, but is finally finding relief. I make my monthly call to the witch doctor today. He is the best. We will be glad when Morgan gives us the thumbs up sign that her head no longer hurts.

The weekend was good. No DCA Wildcats football so a Fri. night at home, Sat. am started at 430 with a 20-miler and then Panera with my bride. I love our time talking at Panera on Sat. mornings. My favorite time of every week just hanging with my beautiful wife.

Shelbi seems to be adjusting as RA there at Union. Sadie, our Westie, continues to be herself. Moody, loves me when it is ball or take a walk time.

A couple of soccer games on tap this week but looks like Morgan may miss at least one of them if not both. We need to get her well so it might be next week before she is back in action.

1 comment:

Mr. E said...

I'm glad Morgan is doin' better! Hey, be prayin'...I've said I'd be willing to teach a Sunday School class. AHHH!!!! :)