Wednesday, August 26, 2009

Going to Update More

I realize that I have not been the most up-to-date blog poster the last couple of months. All kinds of excuses but none of them are very good. Everyone is busy, etc., etc.

I have enjoyed some time at home the last couple of weeks. I love my wife and daughters and even sort of like our Westie, Sadie, now more than I used to. Work has been pretty busy and I have been researching some new things to begin working on some new presentations. I have been doing quite a bit of reading and trying to figure out what youth leader's are asking and what some of the current issues that leaders are dealing with. I will post more on those findings on a new blog that we are going to be starting very soon for LifeWay Student Ministry.

The LifeWay National Youth Worker's Conference is quickly approaching again and I have been trying to make sure all my ducks are in a row for that. We have a great team of folks that I get to work with on that event. You can find out info on the conference here.

Shelbi is in full swing at Union University and she is getting her feet wet as a new RA. I got to spend some time with her on Monday and today on my way thru Jackson. She has 35 young ladies in her dorm that she is responsible for and is also taking 13 hours this semester. She will be stretched. I led a couple of evenings of conferences in West Tennessee this week. Good folks and lots of fun training.

Morgan took a shot after a header in her soccer game last night and got her bell rung. Not fully diagnosed as a concussion and could be whiplash. She is holding her own but has a headache that hopefully will subside soon. She is still pretty much herself and quick with her tongue. I think she will live. Her soccer team plays again tomorrow night but she will not be playing. By the way, they tied Lipscomb 1-1 last night and have Davidson tomorrow. The pic above shows Morgan a little bored.

I have a 20-miler scheduled for Sat. am so I will be pretty worthless Sat. afternoon. I forgot to take socks with me to Memphis and did 7 miles yesterday am with 4x1 mile repeats. My heels got pretty gnarled but it was my own fault. I bought some socks and TJ Maxx yesterday and ran today. Let's just say the socks were pretty bloody. Going to have to work on that before tomorrow's run and especially before Saturday's run.

Committing to update more often and share more than just some family stuff.

No comments: