Monday, August 3, 2009

An Interesting Week

This past week seemed to fly by to me. I was on retreat with the LifeWay Student Ministry Team on Weds./Thurs. and we met at Deer Run Retreat where Shelbi has been working all summer. (She finished today by the way.) I discovered a major issue in my left armpit that ended up being an abscess that the dr. lanced and packed. Looks like I will live. It did knock me out of an 18-miler on Sat. though.

Lots has been happening with the Cash for Clunkers stuff in the media. Glad new cars are being sold, old gas hogs are being taken off the road, but not sure how much more I can afford for others to drive new cars and I am more than a little concerned about people making 7 years worth of payments on a new car that many might default on the loans. Didn't we sort of do this already with houses a few years ago which is sort of why we are where we are?

Enjoying being off the road some. Morgan and I do head to Orlando this weekend to participate in the FL Youth Evangelism Conference on Fri/Sat. We are staying over until Sunday to play a little before she starts back to school on Tues.

Sondra heads to her mom's tomorrow to spend some time with her and she will be back on Sun. Shelbi comes home today and leaves tomorrow to go spend some time with our friends The Carringers in Florence, SC. Their place is like a resort with a great pool and wonderful meals. They are very good to take care of us.

Make it a good week!

BTW, Morgan got her sr. pics back and I posted one so you could see it. Hard to believe our youngest is a sr.

No comments: