Thursday, June 18, 2009

Glorieta FUGE Week 2

Here it is already Thursday and I am wondering where the week has gone. I have to admit that I am ready to see Sondra. It is amazing to me how I miss her more now than when I was away from her early on in our marriage. She completes me.

The week of ministry here this week has been pretty tough. We have dealt with many issues including talk of suicide and the death of a father of a camper. I will say that God has shown up big time and walked us through some difficult trails. He is so good.

One more day of training and I have to say that these adults have been incredible. I have been challenged, heard some heart-wrenching stories, and have been diligent to encourage and spur on these folks. What a great opportunity that God has given me. I pray that I have been completely obedient.

I fly home early Sat. and then head to MO to be with dad for a little while. He and mom's 50th wedding anniversary would have been Sat. Just think it is a good thing to spend some time with him. I come back on Mon. and then head to Denver on Tues. to meet with a church who is trying to get a handle on helping parents teach their children "to love the Lord their God with all their heart, mind, and strength." Looking forward to reacquainting with some good friends from college and also a couple we ministered with in Dallas when we lived there.

Morgan attended her last basketball summer camp this week and I am not so sure she was too terribly saddened by that. Shelbi is having a good week of camp this week and got to do some special ministry with a young girl who had a prosthetic leg. Sondra just continues to be her incredible self and thankfully did not get blown away by a storm that hit our town. She promises me that she will pay more attention to the news and weather.

Thankful for family and ministry. Praying that I keep them in that order during this busy season.

No comments: