Friday, June 19, 2009

Father's Day


This is going to be a different Father's Day in many ways for us. I head to KC late tomorrow afternoon to be with my dad for Father's Day this year. That is pretty odd in latter years for me. Another reason I am headed to see him tomorrow is because tomorrow (Sat., June 20) would have been my parent's 50th wedding anniversary. With mom passing in Dec. 07, they were married roughly 48.5 years. That is a long time for sure but I know that Dad sure wishes they could have made it to 50.


Sondra's dad passed last Sept. so this is the first year she will observe a Father's Day without her Dad. I cannot imagine what she must be feeling. I know that I love her and know that she will have a tough day without her dad.

I am also Dad to two incredible girls. I am not sure how God thought I deserved to be Dad of these two, but I sure am thankful. It will be a quick visit with them tomorrow before heading to KC. I am blessed to be in a lineage of many great dads.

No comments: