Monday, April 6, 2009

Jet Lag, YML, and Orlando

I apologize to the tens of you who happen to check my blog and find that I have not updated in almost a week. I tried to keep it going regularly when I was in Malaysia and so many of you were faithful to pray for me. Thanks so much.

This past week was pretty crazy when I got back. Morgan headed to Honduras on Monday - Friday and was involved in doing missions with 9 other people from her school. A huge thanks to Mrs. Folsom and Mr. Streng for taking them. These kinds of experiences always help us secure and take more ownership of our faith. Morgan was no exception. It was her first international trip and she continues to tell us the things that God did. So thankful she was able to go. Her stomach issues seem to be doing so much better. Our chiropractor, Don, who I affectionately call a witch doctor, seems to have helped her the most. He is also a nutritionist and Morgan is just doing so much better. Thank you God and thank you Don.

I struggled with jet lag through Weds. and then Fri. afternoon when I was in Ft. Worth about to lead a couple of breakouts at Youth Ministry Lab I thought a truck had run over me a couple of times. I led the 2 breakouts, which went great and the response was very positive, and felt energized. I was tired when they were done, but so thankful to be able to share. Being back on campus at Southwestern Seminary was good too. I graduated from there 20 years ago this semester. Hard to believe.

I got to have lunch with a good buddy of mine, Ronny Marriott, while I was in the Metroplex and also got to have breakfast with another very good friend, Paul Kelly, on Saturday. Both of these guys have impacted my life in a strong way. It was a very quick trip to DFW area and I need to get back soon to see a couple of more buddies, Gene and Shelby, who have impacted me in a great way but live the wrong direction from where I needed to be this trip.

Sondra. Morgan, Abbey (good friend of Morgan) and I are in Orlando this week for Spring Break. We drove over yesterday, 13 hours worth, and had a pretty good time in the car. We are staying with some friends of ours, Clark and Patti Keator, who live in Windermere. The Keator's are dear friends and very nice to open their home to us. We are going to spend Tues/Weds at the Universal Parks and then head back home on Friday. We miss Shelbi being with us but she was in FL a couple of weeks ago with some of her college buddies.

Pulling for the Tar Heels tonight as well. Pretty cool that Michigan State made it to the final. Hope they drive home from Detroit sad tonight after the game though.

2 comments:

faithrunner said...

call next time, i'll head your way! ronny and paul are on our shared friends list...

running with you,

gene

Steve Elkins said...

Great to see you blogging again...I missed your messages of faith and positive influence while you were away.