Friday, April 24, 2009

Gone All This Week

Last week it was home all week and this week it is gone all week. I left Monday am and headed to Destin, FL (I know tough assignment) for a couple of church visits and then Metro Youth Minister's meeting. This is a group of about 60 of the largest church youth groups in the US and they meet once a year. It is always good to connect with them.

I flew to CA yesterday to participate in Equipped for Excellence. It is a large one-day training experience for the Inland Empire Association. I will be leading many things related to youth ministry. Of course, they will hear alot about the LifeWay Student Development Strategy. I enjoy these training sessions.

My running has been going pretty well. I mentioned in my last post that I had some buddies running Boston and all of them did well. Congrats to David, Gene, Bob, and Ted. I still am planning to running Boston next year and hoping to get some of my buddies from Nashville qualified this Fall.

This has been an incredibly busy Spring it seems. Many miles on this body but it seems to be holding up pretty well. I get home on Sunday and will be home all week. Dad comes next Fri. and will be here for the weekend. It will be good to see him. I know that he is missing mom pretty badly right now. Dad and I still talk almost daily and she has been part of the conversation the last few times we have talked. Pray for him as you think about it. James, my brother, just finished painting dad's house too. It was good for him to have the work and for dad's house to be freshened up.

Sondra heads to her mom's in a little over a week to spend time with her. That will be good. I need to get to dad's some time this summer. I was up there 6 or 7 times last year after mom died but have not been back since Christmas. Glad he is able to come our way some.

The Country Music Marathon runs tomorrow and the forecast is for very warm weather. Praying that my many friends who will be running it will be smart and slow down and hydrate well. Not a day for PRs and qualifiers. Just run and have fun.

No comments: