Saturday, April 11, 2009

Florida Vacation and Easter

We had a great time in Orlando. We enjoyed both Universal Parks even though half of the world decided to attend the same days that we did. We rode all of the coaster rides and laughed alot. On Thursday we hung out at the pool and got some good sun. I slept until 1130a on Thursday, which is the longest I have slept in like . . . oh, 2o years. I guess my traveling and Malaysia caught up with me. It was awesome sleep for sure.

We drove back on Friday and dodged storms in Chattanooga and came through Murfreesboro about 3 hours after it had been hit by tornadoes. Unfortunately there was much damage there, 2 deaths and about 41 injured. We saw a lot of devastation. Thankful we did not get into it however.

Shelbi is home for Easter weekend and she and Morgan worked an AAU basketball tournament at DCA today. Helps Morgan pay for basketball game later in May and puts some cash in Shelbi's pocket.

Mowed the lawn today and it looks great right now. Always looks good in the Spring while we have plenty of rain and cooler weather. Enjoying watching the Masters and pulling for Kenny Perry to become the oldest Major winner at 48. Funny how I pull for the older guys the older I get.

Looking forward to celebrating Easter tomorrow. I am overwhelmed by the fact that He died for me so that I might live. So very thankful for His grace.

No comments: