Friday, May 18, 2012

Whirlwind

It has been a couple of weeks since I last blogged and some of that is due to the fact that the pace has been pretty brisk, and some of it is due to the fact that I just have not wanted to write.

These past two weeks have been pretty good and pretty busy. With Shelbi completing her nursing degree at Union University and the normal work and church life schedule, we have been running pretty hard. Actually, May is always pretty busy for us in the Turner household. We have extended family birthdays, Mother's Day and also our wedding anniversary on the 11th.

Sondra and I had a great time celebrating our 27th this past Friday. We had a gift certificate to Flemings Steak House, had never been, but were willing to try and we are glad that we did. There were a number of things that impressed me that evening: (I will mention a couple)
1. My incredible wife of 27 years. Sondra is just simply amazing. Her desire to love the Lord with all her heart, soul and mind is beautiful to witness up close on a daily basis. I find it so grace filled that God would allow me to be one with her. She is absolutely amazing.
2. The restaurant staff created a nice environment from the time we stepped into the place. By environment, I really mean experience. When Sondra made the reservation, they asked if it was for a special occasion, she replied with it is our anniversary and from every encounter after that we were showered with anniversary greetings and congratulations. The small touches from "chilled forks" for the salad; to the water glass never getting below half full; to the taste and temperature of the food; the professional, yet personal entire staff made for a great dining experience.

We also have enjoyed having Sondra's mom with us since Monday. With my work schedule this week, I have not been able to spend as much time with her as I desire, but she is a constant blessing in our lives. It is pretty obvious to me to see where Sondra got her love for Christ and for serving others when I look at my mother-in-law.

This week we moved the girls' stuff back to the house. And, we moved Shelbi's home for the last time from college. What a crazy, fast 4 years. She graduates tomorrow night. Bittersweet for sure. So incredibly proud of her and her determination and hard work. Boards await her some time in June and then something about a wedding on August 11th. Who knew time would fly so quickly?

Morgan came home with us last night from college and then heads out on Sunday to work at WinShape again this summer. It is good to have her home even if for a short time.

Evelyn finishes her sophomore year today by taking her last test. It has been an interesting ride for her this year trying to acclimate to America, English and this crazy Turner family. She heads back to China on Friday, 5/25 and is looking forward to being around her family and friends and China and speaking alot of Chinese I am sure. She will be coming back in August to start her junior year and she will be staying with another host family who has a student currently attending DCA this next school year.

Sondra finishes her school year in a couple of weeks and due to a modified Metro schedule will only have about 6 weeks off this summer. We have a lot to cram into a short time this summer. I am sure it will include wedding planning and pool time for her.

No comments: