Monday, May 28, 2012

Virus Posing as . . . Who Knows?

So the past few posts have been about slowing down; focusing on what really matters; all that stuff that sounds really good and things I have been intentionally trying to put into practice and build margin into life. About 10 days ago I was having lunch with my buddy, Scott Mills, and I looked at him across the table and said, "If I hit the table, just know I am not feeling very good." He looked at me a little freaked out and said, "Do I need to take you to the hospital?" "Nah, just let me hang out here for a minute," I said. And I did fine.

ER fun
It was a busy weekend with Shelbi graduating from Union with honors and good times with family and friends. On Monday we took Morgan to WinShape Camps in Rome, GA  for her work gig this summer and on Tuesday morning on my way into work, I decided I had felt bad enough, long enough, so . . . I drove my self to the ER. They did an EKG, took a ton of blood, ran tests, and did a MRI on my head. Good news! I have a brain and there were no signs of stress or stroke and my EKG was perfect (anyway, that's what the triage nurse said) especially when she found out I was 48. Sent me home to rest and follow up with my doctor. I did get into the doctor, they took the rest of the blood that I had left; ran more blood work tests and did a CT scan of my upper torso and belly. Everything came out fine. No problems showed up anywhere. On Thursday afternoon I began to feel alot better and seem to be pretty much back to normal. Crazy, weird, and confusing.

Friday night and Saturday nights were both filled by participating in Amy and Adam's wedding rehearsal and then wedding. It was an outdoor affair at Hermitage Golf Course in a really nice setting and the temps climbed to mid-90s both days. The bride and groom were both amazing and it was an honor to be a part of their wedding.

Today has been a very productive day. Got a nice 5-miler in with a lost dog following along for 4.5 miles of the run. After she followed me home, I put her in the car and took her out to where others had told me she lived. I let her out of the car, she ran up to a house that was very close to where others said she was from and I felt good about it. I left her and went back out to check on her and she was laying in a yard where a man was cleaning out his garage. I stopped to ask if she was his dog but he said she was not but was known to hang out with him. He does not know the owner either. So I guess she is a sweet, lost dog. Glad she was with that guy and not me however.

It is back to work tomorrow. It has been nice to be off these last few days.

No comments: