Thursday, February 2, 2012

Huh?

I, many times find myself saying, "huh?" when people try to lead the conversation towards anything too very deep. I am pretty simple minded. Lately, I have been thrown into conversations related to chemistry, geometry, and even Calvinism. Schnikeees! I guess I should have paid more attention in high school, college and seminary. I know enough about each one to be really dangerous.

I mean no disrespect, I just do not understand why people want to battle over everything. I am not Michael Jackson struggling with, "I'm a lover, not a fighter," but I am concerned that many would rather fight than win. Now you are saying, huh? Fight just for the sake of fighting?

Have you ever known people who are not happy unless they are fighting or causing trouble? Seems like an oxymoron, I know, but some people are only "happy" when they are mad or fighting. At least that is my assessment.

Here is what I believe and know: Christ died for all. Not all will accept Him. My role is to help others understand how much God loves them.My delight is to bring Him glory and to help others come to know Christ is a very real way where they allow Christ to transform their lives. Sondra and I have welcomed a Chinese student into our home this school year and we are intentional in creating an environment around her so that she can learn and understand how much Christ loves her. We are praying that she will accept Him as her Lord and Savior.

I can argue a number of different ways. I can "prove" alot of things. I am a sinner in need of a Savior. Thankful in His grace that He has provided a way for me to be back in right relationship with Him through the sacrifice of His Son.

No comments: