Sunday, March 6, 2011

Orlando, Surgery and Oxycodone

Last week was a pretty interesting week to say the least. I started out in Orlando at the Youth Pastor's Summit that is hosted each year by Universal Studios and Jay Strack. It is a great event bringing in about 2000 youth pastors to be encouraged. This year the main stage speakers were Alex Kendrick/Michael Catt from Sherwood Pictures. They have done Flywheel, Facing the Giants, Fireproof and are releasing a new movie Courageous. We screened the movie for about 800 youth leaders and I got to be reacquainted with Michael after many years and to meet Alex. Both wonderful guys do a great media ministry out of a local church.

I visited with our friends the Keators on Tuesday evening and Clark took me to the Magic/Knicks game. Much hype around the Carmelo Anthony trade and the strength of the Knicks, but the Magic came back in the 4th quarter and beat them handily. It was so good to see the Keators. Godly people who continue to show me and others what obedience to Christ looks like in all circumstances. So thankful for their friendship and faithfulness.

I flew home on Wednesday after a morning meeting and had my knee surgery consult in the afternoon. It all went well. Thursday we were up early and Sondra took me to the surgery center. The surgery all went well. First time for general anesthesia & IV and I am pretty sure I did not say anything inappropriate while under sedation. I remember going into the OR and then waking up in recovery. They were able to repair my meniscus, clean up a little arthritis and clean up some stuff that usually goes away when you are an infant. Evidently I had been wanting to hang on to that 47 years or so. Recovery so far has been good. I have stayed off my feet for most of the past two days; icing; and keeping leg elevated. Have taken a little pain meds but stopped that on Fri am and just taking Aleve a couple times a day. Not trying to be tough, it just does not hurt very bad. That oxycodone will mess you up and I decided the sooner I got off that stuff the better.

Morgan came home yesterday and it is nice to have her here. She goes back in a couple of hours but always good to see her. I officially start rehab in the morning and am in town until Tues, 3/15 so looking forward to good recovery and resting when needed.

No comments: