Thursday, September 16, 2010

What a Crazy Couple of Weeks

Busy is the key word for the last couple of weeks for me. I am convinced that I do not work any harder than any one else does, but these past couple of weeks have been a whirlwind. Last week I flew to Orlando for Rock the Universe hosted at Universal-Orlando and got to see many youth leaders who God is doing some great things through their lives and ministries. Our friend Todd also got us on the new Harry Potter ride and it was pretty awesome. Along with hearing some great bands like the Newsboys, Jeremy Camp, Toby Mac, Skillet, and others I got to do an interview w/ John Cooper from Skillet. Great guy with lots of energy. That is the two of us in the pic to the right.

I got home from Orlando Sunday afternoon in time to start setting up for our LifeWay National Youth Worker's Conference. What a great time to host youth leaders from across the country and even had a young leader from Malawi. How cool is my job that I get to minister to youth ministers and encourage them? Incredibly blessed to get to do what I get to do. The pic to the left includes me hanging with Addison Road and some of the FUGE Camps team. We had special guests like Dave Barnes, Brandon Heath, Lee Miller, Mike Farren from Pocketful of Rocks and the band Red. Speakers included Derwin Gray, Jeff Iorg, Alvin Reid, Ed Stetzer and Ben Arment. What a great group of speakers. Two of my favorite people, Tommy and Eddie, who make up The Skit Guys did a great job for us as well.

Sondra and I are looking forward to the girls coming home for a quick visit this weekend. It is DCA homecoming and a couple of soccer games so the girls will be here for a short weekend but is the first time they have been home since school started. Love those two and can't wait to see them. Sondra is subbing alot this week due to one of assistant's father being in the hospital.

We have much to be thankful for in our lives. Most of all thankful for His grace.

No comments: