Saturday, April 10, 2010

Where Have You Been?

I used to get this question from my mom every once in awhile when I was a kid and had disappeared for a couple of hours. It is a good question to ask periodically. I have been a few places since last week but all in all they have been good places to be.

We finished up our vacation in Orange Beach, AL and drove home on Sunday. It was Easter and was quite weird for us to not be in church on Easter of all days. We did worship with a few folks on the radio as we traveled through Alabama. A couple of good sermons and then one that I am sure would have been good but the delivery was so distracting that I had a hard time hearing what the preacher was saying. Suffice it to say that if you know Dennis Swanberg and have heard him impersonate some southern preachers, well, . . . i spent too much time laughing. Not proper I know, but . . . okay, enough of that.

This week has been good. Flew to NM and met with Sam Swann who is the state youth guy for NM and doing a great job there. He is one of those guys that I have known for about 4 years, but it is like we have known each other all of our lives. He loves Christ, his family, and students. Our hearts resonate.

I am in Ft. Worth right now and attending Youth Lab. I have reconnected with many friends and made many new student ministry friends. Had dinner on Thurs with Nick Jones who is a FUGE staffer and a new Southwestern Seminary Student. Great guy. Ross Waddell is a student here as well and it was good to see him. He was on the Romania trip I led in Dec. One of the funniest guys I know and reminds me so much of my good friend Mitch Fuller. Very gifted guy. Also got to spend some time with Tan Flippin who used to work at LifeWay. We were hired on the same day back in Nov. 1992 and he serves a church in Denison, TX now. So good to catch up with him. Always good to reconnect with the SWBTS faculty and then got to spend some time w/ Allen Jackson from NOBTS. Very blessed to have so many of these folks influence my life.

Headed home tonight and in town all next week. Morgan has banquet  a week from tonight and then the next morning I fly to Boston and run the marathon on Monday, 4/19. Ready to get that done but excited about the opportunity to run it again.

No comments: