Thursday, April 15, 2010

Now if Any of You Lacks Wisdom . . .

James 1:5 is a verse that has come to mean a lot to me over the years. I find myself asking God for wisdom over and over and yet, it dawned on me recently that many times I ask for wisdom, so I will be right. Hmmm. How self-serving is that? Scripture is clear that He gives to all generously and w/o criticizing. I am thankful for that promise, but really have been focusing on making sure that I am asking for wisdom for His glory, not just so I will be right. I like being right, but that is a form of pride if I am not yielding to Him.

Today is tax day and that is never a fun day. I grow weary of paying so much to a entity/government that does not represent the people it says that it does. So very thankful that my hope and trust is in Christ and not any political party or leader. Scripture does not instruct government to be our source of hope and provision, but for Christ to be our all in all. That is a lesson I seem to have to learn over and over.

Lots of hulla-ba-loo right now about our President canceling the National Day of Prayer. Actually, he is just not having an observance at the White House. Not the end of the world. Wish it was different but it is not so I do not think that changes anything for Christ-followers in America. It is important that we pray for our gov't. leaders. God will be glorified in what believers do, not in what non-believers don't do.

Sunday night was a good night of celebrating the DCA Lady Wildcats basketball season. They finished up their season last month losing in the state semis which is the farthest any DCA women's basketball team had ever gone. Sondra was the banquet organizer and in my unbiased opinion, it was wonderful. She got all the administrative skills in our house and uses them well.

This week has been one where I am in town all week. Yea! It has been final taper week for Boston and I have enjoyed less miles and more rest and sleeping in my own bed. Saturday night is Morgan's Jr./Sr. Banquet and she is going with some boy (that is what dads call guys who take their daughters to these things) who actually is a pretty good guy. I will post pictures after the event.

Sunday am I fly to Boston, do the expo and race packet pick-up and toe the start line for a 10a start on Monday. Should be fun. We will see. On Tuesday, I have a couple of meetings with churches and the state youth leader in Massachusetts and Weds/Thurs I am in Destin, FL and on Fri/Sat I am in Jacksonville, FL. Looking forward to a good race, good meetings and plenty of tired.

1 comment:

justin said...

how about ole mark up there? haha.

but seriously. i quite much liked this post, brother.

indeed.

are we not completely overdue for a lunch or a coffee or something? haha.