Wednesday, December 9, 2009

Christmas Time is Here

It would be nice if that meant it was "slow down time" but in most cases, it means, "turn it up because there is a lot to accomplish." I headed to Orlando last Thurs. for the annual student meeting with NAMB and enjoyed my short time with them Thurs and part of Fri. I love those guys and their heart for God and for students. I really cannot believe God lets me do the stuff I get to do.

The weekend was extremely busy with ballgames on Friday night (I love announcing our home games and have a great court-side seat); haircut, neighborhood brunch, SEC championship game on TV with good friends Keith and Laurie D, and the late showing of The Blind Side. What a very good movie and to all the Alabama fans, good win against Florida. I am not a fan of either team but do like Tebow and his stand for Christ.

Sunday was filled with Community Cares with Morgan and the student council from DCA. We worshipped at a local methodist church and the Rev. Pat did a great job with the Micah 3:1-4 text. Best woman preacher I have heard in a long time. (That does not sound very Baptist of me, I know, but she did a great job with the text for sure.) Watched a little of the Titans game and then Sondra and I had dinner with the headmaster of DCA (one of my favorite people in the world) and a prospective high school principal and his wife. Very impressed with both of them and praying for God's direction. (I serve as the Board of Trusts chair at DCA this year. Somehow how they thought I would be a good fit. You can fool some of the people some of the time evidently. I do like serving in that role and am very excited about some things going on related to future at DCA that we will unveil after the first of the year.)

This week has been busy with work and our LifeWay State Summit is going on this week so I am in meetings most of the day. I appreciate these folks so much and for the way we are able to minister together.

On Friday, 18 of us head to Romania to serve among the Roma people group. We are doing all sorts of activities and storytelling while we are there. Please pray for us as we go and minister. I will try and update the blog as I can. We will be gone Dec. 11-20 and then when I return home we are planning on staying home this year as a family. Sounds good to me.

I am including a pic of Morgan and I from this past Sat. as we did a little shopping. Just one of those fun daughter/daddy pics.

No comments: