Friday, June 28, 2013

Summer Has Hit! & Christian Response to Culture

I am thankful I get to do what I get to do. These past two weeks have been pretty fast and furious. On Father's Day afternoon, after church and lunch, I headed towards Chicago to speak at our World Changers project up there for the week. It was a great week of ministry. The crews that came did all kinds of work in the Chicago suburbs. I enjoyed speaking and getting to know so many. God moved in a pretty big way and there were 7 salvations of those in the area. God is that good. You can see some of the week's highlights here if you are interested.

I headed home on Saturday and enjoyed some time with Sondra before she headed out on Monday to go be with her mom in Tulsa. Sondra's mom had back surgery almost 4 weeks ago and she seems to be doing fair, but not great. We are hoping for her to have another MRI to see what is causing the most recent pain.

I am enjoying having Morgan home and Jordan is with us this summer. He is a recent Union grad and doing an internship here in Nashville with Sam's and needed some housing so we are glad to have him around. I am enjoying getting some runs, rides and swims in even while traveling a bunch. I am looking forward to being home this next week even though I am missing Sondra who will be out with her mom until July 6. Once the second week of July hits, I will be burning up the pavement.

On another note - with recent rulings from the Supreme Court regarding Prop 8 and DOMA, I ran across an article that articulates my feelings about our "engaging culture, rather than railing against culture" mush better than I could have said it. If you are interested, I would encourage you to read it here. My co-worker, Ed Stetzer says it well.

Personally I am disappointed, but not surprised with the ruling. And, in many ways I am grateful. I am grateful for a loving, grace-filled God who hates all sin, including mine, and offers hope, peace, redemption and grace. We have a great story to tell. Let's focus on telling His story. He is that good!

No comments: