Wednesday, April 3, 2013

R and R

The last few weeks have been somewhat of a whirlwind for the Turners. I somehow thought it was a good idea to cram my schedule so full of "good" stuff and forgot that at some point I was going to need to rest a little. If you have kept up at all with some of my travels you know that I overextended. I love what I get to do but even too much of a good thing is still too much. All of my weekends were involved in training youth leaders or encouraging people coupled with a week of teaching at Midwestern Seminary, a quick trip to Alaska (which was awesome and encouraging), to attending one of our World Changers Spring Break projects in Birmingham and then a weekend of training in Kentucky. It was crazy.

Sondra went on a mission trip to Guatemala with our church, Hermitage Hills, and did construction (I know, right?), worked with kids, taught a women's Bible study based off of our friend's (Hayley DiMarco) book, The Fruitful Wife, and even did some sewing. To say the least, it was a life-changing experience for Sondra. I am always proud of her, but she really stepped out of her comfort zone on this one and it has been cool to hear the stories. She even got to catch up with a cousin of hers and his family who have been in Guatemala a long time.

Last week was wonderful. We all (and I mean all of us, Sondra, Shelbi and Mark, Mark, Morgan, Anika-
Morgan's sorority sister, and me) headed to Orange Beach for the week. No agenda. No drama. No plans. No stress. No anything work related. It was awesome. Beautiful sunrises and sunsets. A few bike rides. A few runs. A little golf and fishing. Lots of cool (literally cool temps) beach time. It was incredible to have everyone together. What an amazing blessing it is to be in our family.

Easter Sunday was awesome. I had the opportunity to serve our 4 year olds at church in ETC. What a hoot! Beautiful dresses and smart looking coats and ties on 4 year olds never gets mundane. And, they tell everything they know.

I am in the throes of busy times at work with training and traveling but see light at the end of the tunnel. Just a few more weekends out and then summer hits and I am excited to jump into the new experiences of World Changers and P2 Missions. I have alot to learn but am grateful for the opportunity.

No comments: