Monday, March 18, 2013

Professor Paul

This past week I had the privilege of teaching The Minister of Youth class at Midwestern Seminary. A former colleague at LifeWay invited me this past summer to consider becoming an adjunct professor. I went through all the vetting process and somehow passed the test. I developed a syllabus and created projects with homework and everything. It was a good process for me to go through.

Monday-Thursday we met from 9a-330p. Seven of the most fun and entertaining people/students have been around. I am pretty sure that I did not fit their idea of a prof. We learned together and I am grading projects and they have one more big project to finish in meeting the requirements of the class.

It was a great experience. On Thursday afternoon, I climbed on a plane and flew to Anchorage for Avalanche which is their annual youth event. It was great to spend time training some great volunteers and leaders. That was followed by preaching on Sunday morning at University Baptist Church in Anchorage. It is a multi-ethnic congregation with a strong Palaun attendance. And I met a couple of Kenyans from Eldoret where I have ministered in the past. They both are champion runners at University of Alaska-Anchorage.

As I journey home, Sondra is in Guatemala with our church ministering to the people of Los Conchas outside of Guatemala City. Thanks for praying for her and the rest of the team. They return to the States, Sunday the 24th



No comments: