Monday, September 10, 2012

Some Things New

If you are a repeat offender to my blog (yes, I am speaking to you dad and about two other people), you will notice that I have changed the look up a little. After 4plus years of the "dark" look I have decided to lighten things up a bit. The profile pic is one from a photo shoot I did back around February for a MORE Magazine which is supposed to do some little blurb on what I am passionate about. I wanted to go with Sondra as that story but they said it had to be ministry related and I told them that she had taken me on as a ministry project almost 28 years ago. Needless to say, I tried and they went with something else that I said I was sort of passionate about. I would disclose it here, but . . . I signed a contract so I cannot reveal before it comes out which is sometime soon I think.

One of the great new things at the Turner household is Alysha. Alysha is staying with us for a few months while she waits on an opportunity to get involved in a "missions around the world" experience that God has placed on her heart. She's an incredible, young lady that loves Jesus and seems to have been a part of our family forever. We have discovered that she is more petrified of bugs than Morgan which is saying alot. She has been with us almost two months except for the week we "kicked her out" around the wedding. We love having her around. She is a delight and a blessing to our family.

There are some more "new" announcements that will be coming soon. I have been in a new "low-travel" phase the past couple of weeks that is about to change again so I have been working on some new presentations that I will be doing this Fall. Very excited about presenting some new research related to students and some other stuff ministry related. Love what I get to do and having a ball with a new crop of 3-4 year olds at church; new college students in the am LIFE Group; and just started a new LIFE Group for the student leaders that meets on Sunday nights. Busy, but stuff I love doing.

This older dog is learning some new tricks.

No comments: