Wednesday, July 4, 2012

I've Been Everywhere Man

Sometimes it seems that time just gets away and I look up and realize I have not blogged in way too long. I will try and correct that. This past month has been fairly busy with work related travel to MO, Jackson, TN; New Orleans; New Mexico and a little family travel to GA to see Morgan and Mark who are working at WinShape Camps.

Wedding plans seem to be going very well and Sondra and Shelbi are doing a great job of getting things done and getting along while doing it! They are also frequent repeat offenders to the pool of a friend of ours.

It has been oppressively hot the past couple of weeks and extremely dry. Thankful we are not experiencing the fires that many in the West are experiencing.

Here are some very encouraging things I have been a part of this month:
  • an historic Southern Baptist Convention where Fred Luter was elected President
  • great times meeting and encouraging adult leaders at FUGE camps in MO, TN, LA & NM
  • training adult leaders who work with students from New Mexico
  • being married to the most amazing woman in the world
  • having two wonderful daughters and a soon to be son-in-law who love Jesus and are all involved in ministering to people this summer
  • Shelbi passing her TN state nursing boards - NCLEX (I think that is what the medical field calls this test) and becoming an official registered nurse
  • being a part of LifeWay Student Ministry team who has the privilege and stewardship of serving churches in their mission of making disciples
  • spending time with my dad and brother and mother-in-law
Happy Independence Day to those of you who live in the United States. I tweeted this out today and it sums up pretty much where I am -

Celebrating the great freedom we have in Christ & freedom in America & praying I never confuse freedom w/ entitlement #GodblessAmerica

No comments: