Saturday, July 9, 2011

Accountable

I find myself on the road alot lately and with much travel comes much tiredness. Hotel beds sort of run the range from "slab of stone" to so soft that "my nose and feet end up in the same area". It makes for a sore neck, back, hips and blood shot eyes at times because sleep can come in "fits and starts."

One of the great roles I get to play (and use my gifts) is to encourage others in ministry whether they be full-time, part-time, volunteer, "tag, you're it" ministers, to FUGE staffers, and a myriad of others in ministry. They are people who love Christ, love students and their families, and they also find themselves stretched very thin. They work hard, provide for their families, get little to no earthly recognition, but love what they get to do in the Kingdom. They also find themselves, like all of us, very vulnerable at times. It is in our weakness that we are made strong, if we will allow Him to work through us.

You and I cannot live like Christ on our own. We know it, yet many times we try it on our own. I try it too many times on my own. I am asking you to help hold me accountable. I want to be guilty of living this life through His strength - Col. 1:29. I am praying the same thing for you.

No comments: