Friday, December 10, 2010

Latest Update

The past couple of weeks have been very busy to say the least. Last week I was in Phoenix (and some much warmer weather) with my friends and counterparts at the NAMB Student Evangelism Mtg. What a great group of men and women who encourage me so in their commitment to seeing students come into relationship with Christ. I shared a message with them about staying focused on the calling that we have and used the Geico Woodchuck commercial as part of my talk. It was received well. You can see and read about my talk more here. The weather was very nice and it was enjoyable to run outside in a pair of shorts and long sleeved shirt. Back in Nashville this week has been incredibly cold. Lows in the teens and low 20s are not overly fun for me to run in but it was good to get out just the same.

Our girls got home this week from Union and have finished another semester. They will be with us for the rest of this month and the majority of January. Nice to have them back in the house for sure.

Our biggest news as of late, is that Sondra has started a full-time job at McGavock High School. We had been praying and contemplating her going to work full-time and this opportunity came to us so Sondra stepped through that door. She is a secretary for one of the principals at the high school and sees it as an opportunity of ministry. She has quite a bit of interaction with students and is thankful for the role.

I have a quick trip to California and then am done for the year. It will be good to slow down some before gearing up for a trip to New Orleans early Jan and then the India trip Jan 6-18. Will try to keep this blog updated a little more frequently than I have been lately. That is sort of a promise.

Check out the pic from above. It is my grandparents and their 8 grandchildren. I am one of them. See if you can pick me out. My best guess is that this is circa 1968 or 1969.

No comments: