Monday, October 25, 2010

Happy Birthday Sondra

Morgan, Sondra, Shelbi
In my last post I stated that I was going to start mentioning some of those people who have had great influence in my life. Sometimes this is the one whom I have a tendency to not make such a big deal of in influencing my life, but I am able to remedy that now.

Sondra Jean (Holmes) Turner is definitely "one-of-a-kind" and has the most influence in my life for the last 25 years plus. (How can you be married to a wonderful woman for that long and some of that not rub off on you anyway?) She is amazing. I am going to attempt to do a compare and contrast and then let you draw your own conclusions on how she has most influenced my life.

She is black and white on issues.       I am pretty gray on many things
She is organized.                               I am organized enough to get by.
She is beautiful.                                 I am handsome (and modestly humble)
She loves Jesus.                                I see much of Jesus in her.
She is a great wife.                            I am running to catch up on this one.
She likes meatloaf.                            I let her order it when we eat out.
She is tireless at home.                      I am in bed early because I am  tired.
She loves me.                                   I am a recipient of great grace. (I love her)
She is an amazing mother.                 I do things that amaze her (as in, Really?)

I am so thankful that God has allowed us to be a part of one another's life. She is incredibly amazing and I am a blessed man.

Happy Birthday Sondra! I love you. Thanks for allowing me to a part of your life these last 25 plus years and I can't wait to see what you are like when we are 90! So looking forward to the rest of our lives together.

No comments: