Tuesday, May 4, 2010

Whole Lotta Water

If you have not heard yet, Nashville received record rainfall amounts this past weekend. Almost 15 inches of rain fell in about 36 hours. I remember the flood of '77 in Kansas City and that included alot of water. I remember New Orleans in the mid-90s getting 10" of rain while I was there, but never have witnessed anything like the rain and flooding we got this weekend and now still going on flood wise. (No disservice to New Orleans and Katrina almost 5 years ago. I know this flooding and devastation pales in comparison to what you folks endured.)

Here are some pics of Donelson Christian Academy (early on Sunday morning 5/2) and then some of downtown Nashville from yesterday (Monday, 5/3). You will also find a video I shot yesterday morning at DCA. Last night I was in the school helping clear out some things and the water was waist high. This morning went I went back to school there was only about a foot of water still in the building.

We are safe. Unfortunately there has been loss of life and much devastation, but God is good.








1 comment:

Allen Jackson said...

Wow. I hurt for you guys as all you can do is wait for the water to recede and get busy. I am confident that you will be inundated by the love and care of those who love you and those who don't even know you. Feel the love from New Orleans.

allen