Wednesday, November 4, 2009

Mid-Week Update

We enjoyed the Vandy/GA Tech game on Saturday night with our friends Keith and Laurie. We do not get with them enough, but every time we do, it sure is good. Sunday ended up being a fairly busy day with teaching sunday school, worship and then some good yard work. With the rain and wind that we had on Sat. our leaves decided to part ways with the trees and become a new carpet on the ground. I raked for awhile and then mowed the lawn. Sure looked nice for about 30 min. before more leaves decided to fall.

This week has been busy with many meetings at work, but the evenings have been at home. Very nice for sure. I head out tomorrow for New Orleans and am teaching a Worldview class at the seminary. It will be alot of work and alot of fun. Always thankful when I get the opportunity to teach and I get to spend time with my former boss, Dr. Clyde Hall. Clyde sure invested in me a lot and I am always thankful for any time I get with him.

Sondra, Morgan and Shelbi are all doing well. Sondra is subbing all week, Morgan has started basketball practice for school and Shelbi is becoming a professional, intramural athlete and still keeping her grades up. She also has discovered a young man at Union and they seem to be spending some extra time together. We have met him but not spent much time with him. From the father's skeptical eye I am thinking he is "okay". Our motto at the house has been for years, "boys are bad" but I am adding this, "but young men are okay." You dads out there know what I am saying.

The Romania mission team is gearing up and plans are well under way. We will be serving in Braila, Romania from Dec 11-20. There are 18 of us that will be going.

Please be praying for a couple friends of mine; Dwayne Ulmer is a good friend and ministry buddy and his wife, Bev, passed away this a.m. after a long, valiant struggle with cancer. Pray for Dwayne and his three sons. Another friend, Keith Loomis, has been diagnosed with an aggressive form of brain cancer and is consulting with drs. later this week. Wonderful friends who are in some major times of crisis right now.

On a much less serious note, only 9.5 days until the Richmond Marathon. I think I am about ready.

No comments: