Thursday, November 12, 2009

Been a Busy Week

Finished up the Biblical Worldview class at NOBTS on Sat. and had a great time with the students. On Sat. afternoon I traveled to Picayune, MS and spoke at FBC, Picayune Sunday morning, KNOWN training in the afternoon and then spoke in the p.m. service. It was a great time with them. FBC has a great staff and beautiful facilities. The parents and members were very receptive and it was a very good day with them.

I flew back to Nashville on Monday and was glad to get out of there before Hurricane Ida/Tropical Storm Ida decided to make landfall. All in all the storm moved east, deluged the Florida Panhandle and is still churning over the mid-Atlantic.

I am to run Richmond Marathon on Sat. and praying the rain moves on out of there. I have run marathons in the rain before and it is not just a whole lot of fun. I fly over early tomorrow, meet up with some ministry friends from IMB and work a little on the Romania Mission trip I lead Dec. 11-20. Pray for that trip and the planning leading up to it please. Lots to get done.

Got a call from a nice young man that Shelbi has been seeing some and he asked for official permission to date Shelbi. I was greatly impressed with his courage, character and honor. I sure can see why he is interested in Shelbi. She is an incredible young lady and we look forward to getting to know Mark better.

Morgan is in the full swing of basketball and their season kicks off next Tuesday night. I look forward to being on the P.A. again for the home games. Good seats and can't beat the price.

Sondra is doing well. I am so incredibly blessed to have the family that I do. I will try to get a report up on Sunday or so about the race this weekend. Looking for a same day finish and anything 4 hours or less will be good, but if it takes longer, I am good with that too.

Also attended the Nashville Veteran's Day Parade yesterday and so very thankful for those who have served and are serving in our Armed Forces. God bless those who have served, are currently serving, and may God continue to bless America!

No comments: