Tuesday, May 5, 2009

Big Fun Weekend

It was nice to be at home this past weekend and great to have my dad here. He flew in Fri. am and was here until Mon. am. We pretty much stayed out of the rain on Fri. (we have had about 5 inches of rain in the last 4 days) and on Sat. we all (Morgan, Shelbi, Sondra, Dad, and I) drove to Jackson (2 hours) to be with Shelbi at Union. She was playing with a fraternity in benefit volleyball tournament and we needed an excuse to go see her anyway. Dad had never been over to Union so it was a good visit for him as well. It was big fun. Of course it rained pretty much the whole time, but hey, it's water and it was no big deal.

On Monday, Sondra flew to her mom's in Bolivar to hang out this week, Dad flew back to KC, and I flew to Orlando to spend a couple of days with FL youth ministers. They are doing some pretty exciting things related to coaching other youth ministers in the state. It is at the beginning of the process but these guys get it and invited me to listen in and offer my two cents. Thankful for the opportunity to be a part of this process.

Yesterday, Dr. David Uth, pastor of FBC, Orlando shared some of his time with us and shared about the Hidden Curriculum in our lives and churches. You can read a related article here. The article appeared in the Winter issue of Leadership and was written by John Ortberg. Very good article and David's talk with us yesterday was very timely for me.

I am headed to Greenville/Spartanburg, SC today after my morning meeting with the FL youth minsiters. Looking forward to being with Seth Buckley and SC youth ministers all day tomorrow.

Here is my goal for the day (and every day, but taking one day at a time) - choosing to honor Him in all i do today. will have to remind myself of this all day long. i know how short my memory can be

No comments: