Monday, May 18, 2009

24 and One Week

Those of you who know me well or follow me on twitter know that I really enjoy 24 or as it is known at our house, "the Jack Bauer power hour." The season finale is on tonight between 7 and 9 cdt so if you call, more than likely I will not answer. You may notice the title of the blog entry is 24 and one week but that actually refers to my beautiful bride rather than the tv show. We celebrated our 24th wedding anniversary last Monday and are now one week into our 25th year. What a blessed guy I am.

Last week was a good one with me being home almost all week. I did drive a fan of 7 folks over to Ridgecrest for FUGE Program Training and had a great time with those leadership teams who will be at numerous locations ministering to about 55,000 students and adults this summer. I am amazed how God brings these folks together and how hard the FUGE office team works to get the right folks in place. We have been asking God for His favor and early indications are that He is honoring that prayer. Many of us have been fasting and praying one day a week praying specifically for FUGE camps this summer.

Shelbi completes her freshman year at Union on Weds. and will be home for a week before heading to her summer job at Deer Run Retreat. Morgan heads to Girls' State this coming Sun. and will be at MTSU all week participating in the whole process. Another great leadership opportunity for her. She and a group of girls from DCA played in an AAU basketball tourney this weekend too and it was good to see her back in action.

Sondra is working at our church for the next two weeks filling in for one of ladies who keeps the office and really the church running. I am here all week and thankful to be home. The summer gets pretty busy soon.

1 comment:

faithrunner said...

Paul,

Thanks for you continued leadership in ministry to students...It's great to be running with you on this marathon called life. I enjoy seeing what God is doing in your life and ministry. I look forward to when we can run side-by-side again.